Search engine optimization is a painstaking and laborious task, especially when you want to optimize your blog post. However, if you follow these simple steps, you can make your post ranking higher than it was in the past.
Have you been struggling to get better rankings for your blog posts? Have you been spending hours figuring out how to write SEO-optimised blog posts?
If so, this article will help you understand how to write SEO optimized blog post to increase rank on Google.
What are the Benefits of Writing SEO Optimized Blog Posts?
You must have always heard that content is king. But in today’s digital world, the way your content is optimized for search engines and readers has become just as important.
SEO optimized blog posts are written to rank higher on search engine results pages, and they are meant to be read by humans, not robots.
When you write SEO optimized blog posts, you are writing for both humans and search engines. The benefit of this is that you will be able to rank higher on Google and other search engines for your target keywords.
Some advantages of writing SEO optimized blog posts are:
- The first benefit of writing SEO optimized blog posts is that you will be able to generate high-quality, original content on your site. This will give your site more value and relevance in the eyes of search engines.
- The second benefit is that it will allow you to rank higher in search engine results pages (SERPs). This means that people will be able to find your site more efficiently and click on it when they are looking for information about a particular topic or niche.
- A third benefit is that this type of content allows you to generate high-quality backlinks from other sites. These links are essential.
How to Write SEO Optimized Blog Post?
SEO-optimized blog posts can help your business get ahead in the online marketing game. As a content writer, you may be concerned about the quality of your posts.
A blog post should be written to provide value to your readers, and it should not be written to rank higher on search engine results pages(SERPs).
You want to make sure that you create content for your audience and not just for Google.
But, how do you know if your content is SEO optimized? Here are some tips on how to write SEO optimized blog post that looks good and ranks high on search engines.
Write in a Conversational Tone
The web is a vast place with content created and shared every day. Your website needs to stand out in this crowded space, and one way to do that is by writing great content. If you want to connect with your audience, you should write your blog or any content in a conversational ton
The conversational tone is all about connecting with your audience personally. A conversational tone is becoming more and more popular in the digital world. It is a form of informal, personal, and friendly form of writing. This tone makes it easier for the reader to keep up with the message and understand it better.
Informal language: Informal language can make your content sound more relaxed, approachable, and human-like. Informal language can also make your readers feel like you are talking to them one-on-one. This will make them feel comfortable with you and your content, so they will be more likely to read on.
Friendly tone: A friendly tone will help you connect with your readers on a personal level, leading to a better understanding of the message you are trying.
Many writers use this technique as it builds trust between the writer and reader. Some advantages of using this tone are:
- It’s easier to read than formal, academic or technical writing.
- The informal technique can be used when you’re trying to persuade someone.
- It creates a sense of familiarity with readers.
Write Short Paragraph
Whether you’re writing in Hindi, English, or any other language, whether you’re writing a blog or content for a website, if you want the search engine to rank and understand it and suggest it to the general audience, then make sure that your content is written with a simple language that is easy to read.
There are many reasons you should use a short paragraph for content writing.
- First of all, short paragraphs are easier to read and digest. This is because they are more compact, and they do not take up a lot of space on the page. They also contain less information, which means that the reader will be able to process them faster and easier.
- Secondly, readers tend to remember what they read better in shorter paragraphs. This happens because the reader has a better understanding of what they read and do not get distracted by other information on the page.
- Thirdly, using short paragraphs makes your content more readable. People can comfortably read short paragraphs rather than one long paragraph of text.
Use Heading Tags Properly
Heading tags are used to identify and classify the text content of a web page, and they can be used to create a hierarchy of information on a web page. This is useful for both the reader and the search engine crawler, who use headings to determine what text is most important on the page.
There are six levels of heading tags, H1 through H6, with H1 being the most important and H6 being the least important.
H1 tag is the most important, and here are some H1 tips:
- Always include an H1 tag.
- Use only one per page.
- Include the primary keyword for your content.
- Avoid populating the tag with too many keywords.
- Ensure that your target audience can easily read the H1 tag.
- Use up to 70 characters in the tag length.
Excessive H tags can be seen as spammy and will lower the quality of your entire heading to the search engines, and such content is deemed less relevant by Google.
Keyword placement is strategically placing keywords in the content to increase the likelihood that a search engine will rank a web page for particular keywords.
A keyword is a word or phrase that people use when searching for information online, for example, “best hiking boots”. The keyword placement process involves placing keywords in certain spots on a web page to help search engines understand what your content is about and rank it more highly on their results pages.
The keywords should be placed strategically and naturally, without appearing spammy or unnatural. The best way to do this is to use synonyms and variations of your keyword and phrases related to it.
Some places where you can add your keyword naturally:
- Title Tag: The most important place to put keywords is in the title tag, but they should also be sprinkled throughout the content on your page. The title is the first thing people see when they visit your page. It should be short and catchy but also informative.
- Meta Description: Your meta description should also include relevant keywords to appear as a snippet next to your link when people search for things related to your topic.
- Introduction or opening paragraph: The introduction should give readers a general idea of the article and what they can expect to find in it. It should contain some keywords that will make them want to read it so that they don’t get bored and leave without reading anything.
- The body of your text: The body contains more keywords, which should be used throughout the article with different synonyms for better optimization.
- Heading Tags: Keyword placement in heading tags is essential because it helps search engines and other web crawlers to understand the content better. It also helps them to rank the page higher. The keywords in the heading tag should be placed logically based on their importance to the content.
- Alt-Text: When you are adding an image to your website, it is important that you write an alt text for the image. Your alt text should be a concise and accurate summary of what the image is about.
- An alt text should be able to stand on its own without the need for a caption or title. Using keywords in your alt text can help search engines find your images and understand their content better.
Aim to be the Featured Snippet in the Search Results.
The featured snippet is the first result on the search engine result page, and it is a box that displays a summary of the best answer to a question. The information displayed within a featured snippet is pulled automatically from Google’s index. The Featured Snippets offer the chance to increase clicks on the organic search results without increasing Google rankings.
According to Search Engine Land, a featured snippet averages 8% of all clicks.
If you can have your content featured in the Featured Snippet, you’ll increase your organic click-through rate by giving it an enormous boost.
Compress Images For Fast Page Load Speed
Compressing images can make a website load faster. It is important to keep the size of the images under control and not have an image that is too large for a webpage.
There are many tools available to compress images, and my favourite tool that I always use is EZGIF. I suggest you use WebP image format.
WebP is a new image format which was developed by Google in 2010. The main benefit of WebP is that it has a higher compression than JPEG and PNG, which means it can reduce the size of the file without compromising on quality.
Point to be noted: How to improve page loading speed?
Writing great content for your website is a must, and it is crucial to attract and retain customers. Your website needs to stand out in this crowded space, and one way to do that is by writing great content.
In this article, we have looked at different aspects of writing great content for your website, from the importance of writing in a conversational tone to how to use keywords and headlines effectively.
We hope you found these tips helpful and now feel better equipped to write fantastic copy for your site!